Law Offices of Indu Srivastav, APLC
Experienced Family Law Attorney Serving Southern California
Call Today! 714-515-5008

What do you do if you can't agree on parenting styles?

Child custody concerns are always an issue for parents who can't agree on the way to raise their children. That's why the court is adamant that parents come up with a parenting plan that is agreed upon by both parties.

Limiting conflict in any way is good for your children and for your peace of mind. Every parent should want to be in a peaceful arrangement with their ex-spouse because it helps them raise their child in a positive environment.

What can you do to agree on parenting when you don't agree with the other parent's views?

There are some things you can do if you don't agree with the way the other parent wants to raise your child. For example, if you want to raise your child as a Christian but your ex-spouse is atheist, you may decide not to introduce religion (or a lack of religion) in any way. Instead, you may both agree to wait until your child is older and to allow them to be exposed to religion (or a lack thereof) as it comes up while in the other parent's care. Essentially, preventing your child from becoming indoctrinated or avoiding discussing religion could both be solutions.

In other issues, you may find similar types of solutions. For instance, a parent who wants their child to go to private school might decide to foot the bill if the other parent thinks public school is fine.

Do your best to agree. Being able to agree and adjust your parenting is essential to helping your child grow up happy and healthy after divorce.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information


Law Offices of Indu Srivastav, APLC
1400 N. Harbor Blvd., Suite 601
Fullerton, CA 92835

Phone: 714-515-5008
Fax: 714-515-8338
Map & Directions