Law Offices of Indu Srivastav, APLC
Experienced Family Law Attorney Serving Southern California
Call Today! 714-515-5008

October 2019 Archives

When should you become a legal guardian?

If you are asked to take over the care of a child in your life, then you may be someone who is looking into guardianship. It might be necessary for a minor to live with you instead of a parent, and in that case, you may be able to become a legal guardian.

Can you withhold custody if child support isn't paid?

Child custody and child support are two completely different aspects of your agreement with the other parent. On one hand, you have a plan that dictates when you see your child and when they see the other parent. On the other hand, you expect payments to be made on schedule in accordance with the court order.

Keeping separate property can be difficult in a long marriage

Dividing your property isn't always going to be easy, especially if you've been married for many years. In California, you'll be bound by community property laws if you go to court to divide your property unless you have a pre- or post-nuptial agreement in place that dictates how you'll divide your property.

Tips for changing a parenting plan

Divorce with children is still a significant issue when it comes to the family unit in California. The courts are replete with cases bogged down with child custody and visitation conflicts.

Should you join a dating app during a pending divorce?

It is natural to want to move on to a new romantic interest when you file for divorce. However, divorce can take a long time, especially if you and your spouse have a lot of expensive assets to divide. Additionally, California requires a six-month waiting period before dissolving a marriage entirely. No matter what, you will need to wait a minimum of six months before finalizing the divorce. 


Law Offices of Indu Srivastav, APLC
1400 N. Harbor Blvd., Suite 601
Fullerton, CA 92835

Phone: 714-515-5008
Fax: 714-515-8338
Map & Directions