Law Offices of Indu Srivastav, APLC
Experienced Family Law Attorney Serving Southern California
Call Today! 714-515-5008

guardianships and conservatorships Archives

Choosing a guardian? Think carefully before you decide

You love your adult child, but you know that they will not be able to care for themselves if something happens to you. They are disabled, and though they try hard to provide for themselves, you still have to step in and help with their finances, getting to medical appointments and other simple needs.

Guardians: What you need to know

When your child needs someone to care for them, they usually come to you. However, if there's ever a day when you can't be there, do you know who will take on that role? A guardian can be assigned to your child, and they can take your place when you cannot be there for them.

When should you become a legal guardian?

If you are asked to take over the care of a child in your life, then you may be someone who is looking into guardianship. It might be necessary for a minor to live with you instead of a parent, and in that case, you may be able to become a legal guardian.

Choose the right conservator for your loved ones

A guardianship or conservatorship is a legal title for when a person is appointed to manage the financial or daily affairs of another person. The individual they care for, called the conservatee, might have physical or mental limitations or be elderly. One might also be appointed to take care of a minor child.

Are guardianships and conservatorships the same thing?

Unless you are employed in the legal field or have been involved in a legal action, much of the terminology is confusing. This is especially so in the family law field, which introduces residents to many previously unheard of legal terms. Two of these terms – guardianships and conservatorships – can arise within the family law area of practice in the state of California.

How can I provide for my disabled child's future?

Do you have a disabled child? Whether your child has a mental or physical disability, you will likely want to do everything possible to provide for their future. There's so much that goes into caring for a disabled child, including at-home renovations, the purchase of equipment, live-in care and more. So, how can you provide for your disabled child's future?

What is a guardian ad litem in California?

The topic of guardianship is an important one, especially when putting together your estate plan. Finding someone to be the guardian of your children is crucial to planning your life because you just never know when the plan might need to go into effect. An important term you need to know is guardian ad litem. So what is a guardian ad litem in California?


Law Offices of Indu Srivastav, APLC
1400 N. Harbor Blvd., Suite 601
Fullerton, CA 92835

Phone: 714-515-5008
Fax: 714-515-8338
Map & Directions